Since fostering a deep appreciation for horses after graduating from law school, our founding attorney, Liz Durkin, has helped numerous horse owners with a range of legal issues pertaining to the care of their animals. She frequently lectures on equine law to educate other attorneys about this field. Rutgers Equine Science Center recognized her contributions to this area of law by honoring her with the Spirit of the Horse Award.
New Jersey Horse Breeding Lawyer
From drafting a horse lease contract to planning for a horse’s continuing care, The Durkin Firm,LLC, is legal team available to guide horse owners in navigating a range of legal transactions. Our Essex County equine law lawyer can assist you with:
- Forming a business entity
- Securing title for real estate as a business entity
- Applying for a real estate variance or rezone
- Documenting business succession plans for your horse-related operations
- Drafting and reviewing contracts for buying, selling, breeding or leasing horses
- Drafting and reviewing contracts for leasing barns or portions of barns
- Setting up specialty pet trusts to plan for the continuing care of your horses after you pass on
Our law firm is available to facilitate a range of legal transactions to meet the needs of you and your horses.
We Understand Your Equine Law Needs
To learn more about how partnering with our firm can protect your horses and meet your equine law needs, please call 973-369-7912 or contact us online.